The MiniR2 is a compact DIY smart switch that easily fits in small switch boxes, even behind the currently installed switch and can be used to control 220V devices such as lights, radios, fans, etc.
- An existing (traditional) switch can be connected to the Mini and can be used to switch devices on or off, in addition to the App.
- Physical button on the device.
- Timer schedules can be set to automatically switch lights on or off at certain times
- Voice control (Alexa or Google Home)
The app (eWelink) can be downloaded for free and can be used to set on / off schedules, countdown timers and to share it with family members.
The ability to connect the MiniR2 to an external rocker light switch sets it apart from other WiFi switches from Sonoff (ideal for re-using current mechanical switches).
The MINIR2, as a reinforced MINI two-way DIY smart switch, has been redesigned to increase safety and performance to optimal levels. The old version MINI has an external antenna , but the MINIR2’s antenna is hidden inside the switch. In addition, the low-current S1 and S2 connectors are gray to distinguish them from other high voltage connectors to assist with connections. 2KV surge testing meets the 1KV surge testing standard as required by CE certification and it also passed the ANATEL certification.
The MiniR2 supports 3 triggering modes, i.e. pulse mode (works with push button switches), edge mode (works with SPDT switches) and Following mode (works with switches with “ON” and “OFF” mark and sensors with dry contact output). Refer the YouTube link for more information https://youtu.be/RRsvMgCDVjg
The Mini supports DIY mode (designed for developers) which allows users to integrate MINI into worldwide third-party open source smart home control system to achieve LAN control without cloud services, such as Home Assistant, openHAB, ioBroker, etc. For the protocol document and the code for the DIY Mode tool visit http://developers.sonoff.tech/sonoff-diy-mode-api-protocol.html
- Input: AC 100-240V 50/60Hz 10A Max;
- Output: AC 100-240V 50/60Hz 10A Max;
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHZ;
- Material: PC V0;
- Dimension: 42.6X42.6X20mm;
- DIY mode allows developers to flash the firmware to access more features they want.
- Supports traditional rocker light switch to control devices (self-return switch not included).
- Create smart scenes to trigger groups of SONOFF devices on/off via tapping on your phone.
- Make an action to trigger another device or receive a message alert to your phone.
- Share the device with your family to control it together.
- Monitor the device status in real-time on your phone.
- Control the device in LAN mode when WiFi is not available.
- Set the default power-on status, i.e. switch off after load shedding
- The switch must connect through a 2.4 MHz WiFi router (NOT 5MHz)