The Load Shedder is a smart power detector that turns off appliances like geysers and pool pumps when load shedding starts, extending battery uptime by reducing the load on your battery.
The Load Shedder consists of a Sonoff unit that gets powered by your inverter and monitors Eskom power. It automatically runs automation triggers with your preset choices.
The Genuine product comes in a Load Shedder box and is only sold by authorised distributors
- Simple scene trigger for load shedding – Day time and Night time configurations
- Reducing battery load automatically during load shedding, based on your requirement
- Extending battery time during load shedding, thereby ultimately extending battery life
- Automatic load recovery when power is restored with delayed start and peak reduction.
- No more outages due to inverter flat batteries.
- Saving money on battery replacement due to reducing cycles with lower loads.
- Load management and monitoring.
- Simple integration into other smart home platforms, e.g. integration into most big brand aircon like Samsung and LG via Broadlink and IFTTT.
- Google and Alexa compatible.
- The final piece of the smart home system that monitors Eskom power feed and manages your inverter load, all within eWelink.
What’s in the Box
- 1x Genuine product box
- 1x Sonoff Device
- 1x Monitoring Device
- 1x Din Base Holder
- 1x Loadshedder Pilot Light
- 2x Communication cable identifiers
- 1x Wiring Diagram with instructions.
- 2X Digitally provide installation videos.
- 1x Full support for installers only.
This unit has been field tested for more than a year across multiple sites by the whoesaler. Assembled and installed correctly the Loadshedder compliments any inverter system.
It will automatically shut down pool pumps, geysers, dishwashers and any home automation devices that you deem non-critical in order to preserve battery power.
No additional re-wiring of DB board is required. All appliances that need to be controlled require smart devices like Sonoff Basic or any other Sonoff products.
This product is designed for certified installers, electricians and solar installers.
** Assembly and installation require a qualified electrician or solar installer only.
* Good WiFi 2.4Ghz and Internet required.